Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Not-so-random: Use the Tools!

I have to admit I've been struggling with getting a handle on all of the tools available for online teaching. Honestly, how can one person keep track of so many places to make entries (yammer, twitter, blog, bookmarking), and those are only the ones I manage/create, not the ones I follow! But I think I just had a break-through of sorts, thanks to a conversation with my tech buddy, Marilyn. The important thing is for me to learn about what tools are available, how they work, and how they could be applied to teaching. It doesn't mean that we have to use every tool in our teaching, but to develop an appreciation of how they can be used. Now I'm inspired to try to figure out a few new things, such as how to insert a video clip into the blog. Hopefully this won't take 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment