Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Not-so-random: Voki's in online courses

I've been learning about Voki's. At first I didn't see how they could be used in an online course, except as a way to produce a quick message for students when they entered the front page of the course. But Voki would be a really cool tool for students to use in an exercise where they need to introduce themselves to the class. Of course, the student could always upload a picture of themself or a favorite activity or place, but the avatar allows for a little artistic freedom. Plus it's a lot of fun! The Voki in the sidebar is my attempt to create a Voki image that I could use in my class. Alternatively, cartoons are fun, too, but it could be tricky to use a cartoon as an introductory image.

3 comments:

  1. Laurie, I love your ideas for using Voki with your student and enjoyed listening to your embedded voki.
    :)
    ~julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used Vokis for Homepage messages and have considered asking students to use then for intros. I'm going to work with Wordle first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurie,

    I also have been working with Voki lately. I added one to my Moodle course. I showed my students and they thought it was really cool.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete