A friend sent this video to me. I don't know who took the video, or I would give credit. It's a real hoot, guaranteed to make you laugh. I'd sure love to know what he's dreaming about!
I'm Laurie and I live in Las Cruces, NM with my husband Wayne, son Skyler, our dog Tapeats, and some chickens. We have lived here since 2000, when I started my position on the faculty in Animal and Range Sciences at New Mexico State University. I teach classes in Rangeland Ecology, and I conduct research on invasive species and rangeland restoration. We are what I call adventurous home-bodies: we prefer to hang out at home instead of a night on the town, but we love adventures like kayaking and rafting the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. I love to travel, but it's always nice to get back home. Four years ago my life took a new direction when I was diagnosed with leukemia and received a bone marrow (adult stem cell) transplant from a very generous but anonymous British woman. Today I enjoy good health, my family, and friends thanks to this woman, excellent doctors and nurses, the support of my family and many friends, and the selfless generosity of blood donors. This experience has given me a new perspective about living life and keeping it fun, and I believe that I am here today to share my message of hope, and help others during difficult times if I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment